So, during Zooomr’s prolonged downtime due to Mark III’s relaunch, I went and signed up for a Pro account at Flickr on a complete impulse. The free account does not allow the downloading of the original hi-res photos (bummer) and only the latest 200 photos are shown in the active stream (what?). I haven’t used the free Flickr account much but since Zooomr is down for the Mark III (re)launch, I figured it was as good a time as any to check out Flickr properly.
Two words. Tech. Geek.
- 2.32pm – Login to shell account.
- 2.33pm – Login to WP admin.
- 2.33pm – Deactivate all plugins.
- 2.34pm – Follow instructions to upgrade via shell.
- 2.40pm – Tried to activate WP Enhanced Plugin Manager for mass plugin activation. Plugin doesn’t work. Okay, Plan B; activate 20+ plugins manually.
- 2.44pm – Done
- 2.46pm – Blog about non-event upgrade.
- 2.50pm – Resume life.
I just read Thomas Hawk’s post about a popular Icelandic Flickr photographer (and art student and single mom by day), Rebekka GuÃ°leifsdÃ³ttira, who had her work ripped off and sold as prints by London-based company Only-Dreemin. The company got at least Â£2450 in their cash register, while Rebekka got no cash, no credit, nothing.
More information can be found on Rebekka’s Flickr post. I feel terrible for the photographer. This really really sucks.
Spread the word. Digg it here.
I found this by chance after logging into Zooomr ealier today…
EXIF viewing/editing in Mark III?